Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Destroy ALEC - Buy Local


Great blog read this morning.
ALEC spouts the free market philosophy and it is OUR responsibility to use the free market philosophy to no longer support ALEC through ALEC corporate profit sector members.

Some snips -:
It’s very difficult for me to keep from screaming and smashing things when I read articles online about ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council) and how this organization is robbing us blind, how it’s funneling obscene amounts of money through loopholes and corporations and all the other things that would give a humanist liberal like myself a coronary.

So, after reading all of this information, I’ve discovered that probably 90% of the brands I buy (or whatever is on sale) contribute to ALEC. So I guess the only solution is to buy as locally as I can. It may cost a bit more, but in the long run it’s the cheapest alternative there is. Local, organic, fair-traded goods. Seems like a lot of work, but it’s the one thing that I can do to voice my opinion in a way that will be heard–through my pocketbook.

Please read the whole thing, there is great info in the entry and lots of great links!!!
Read the whole thing  >>>>HERE<<<<

It may cost a bit more, but in the long run it’s the cheapest alternative there is.



No comments:

Post a Comment