Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Death By Republican - And That's Just A-OK to Republicans

From the SSA
Q1:  When did Social Security start?
A: The Social Security Act was signed by FDR on 8/14/35.

Q3:  When did Medicare start?
A:  Medicare was passed into law on July 30, 1965 but beneficiaries were first able to sign-up for the program on July 1, 1966.

When I started working – 2.32% of my paycheck
10 years later – 5.20% of my paycheck
20 years later – 7.05% of my paycheck
30 years later and to this date – 7.65% of my paycheck

AND THAT HAS BEEN MATCHED by employer contributions!!!!!
When I started working – 2.32% of my paycheck
10 years later – 5.20% of my paycheck
20 years later – 7.05% of my paycheck
30 years later and to this date – 7.65% of my paycheck

FICA Rates (Medicare and Social Security)
Combined – my contribution and my employers contribution
When I started working – 4.64% of my paycheck
10 years later – 10.4% of my paycheck
20 years later – 14.10% of my paycheck
30 years later and to this date – 15.30% of my paycheck

Think of all the money – I never had for rent and food and medical/dental care– ‘cause it went directly to the government straight out of my check as FICA.

Think of all the money I paid in – I will never have for rent and food and medical/dental care – ‘cause Romney/Ryan will give it to their rich friends.

In 2004 I walked away from the local Democratic headquarters
– after putting in a 14 hour day of GOTV
 – with the person in charge telling me
 – go home we are ahead by 12 percentage points.
And we lost.

Romney/Ryan – take from the poor and middle class – give to the rich.
Romney/Ryan – the “Go F*ck Yourself” ticket, for the poor and middle class.

The past four days - I’ve been in the darkest place I have been in - in years.
I don't have much hope right now.
You see when you take someone’s future away from them – they have a tendency to get pissed off – about another piece of crap life has just thrown at them.
You see when you take someone’s future away from them they try to figure out how to work around the new piece of crap life has just dealt them.

For four days –I have tried to disprove what my head was telling me is true ... 
I have thought and researched and
researched and thought even more and
thought and researched even more and

there is no way to avoid the ultimate end game here:

Death by Republican

With the Republicans rigging this 2012 election 
– with Voter ID poll taxes 
– I am not confident (some are) that Obama can win in November.

I am absolutely certain that people have no real comprehension how horrendously the Republican Voter ID issue will skew this election.
I am fearful that this will be another, of the many, Republican stolen elections.

So – knowing that there is a possibility that for the next eight years we may have Republicans again in the White House, I can’t help but obsess on how my life has been changed in the last three days.

Republican Mantra
Destruction of social programs for middle and lower class

Death by Republican

And the sad part is my Republican neighbors and friends are part of the killing crew.
It gives a whole new meaning to “kill at will”

There is no way – no way –around this.
I’ve done the research  
– there is no F*cking way you can sugarcoat this or
– twist the statistics or
– lie enough on right-wing radio/TV
to change the inevitable outcome for me and many others like me -

Death by Republican

For 45+ years I have paid into a system that Romney/Ryan will turn over to the rich in this country, as “tax breaks” –

For 45+ years I have paid into a system that Romney/Ryan will turn over to the crooks on Wall Street – in the form of privatization, to insure there is absolutely no money available the next time the market crashes.

And to the Republicans – that’s okay!

For 45+ years (like others) I contributed to the backbone of this country 
– cause it was expected, as some type of 
– what now turns out to be
– a damn socially constructed contract lie
            – working jobs that I pretty much hated every minute of
            – so that the FICA I have paid in to the system could be
                    turned over to the rich.

And to the Republicans – that’s okay!

4.64% - 15.30% of my paycheck for 45+ years has gone into a government account that was suppose to provide a safety network - hah!
Romney/Ryan will steal the money everyone has paid in
– decimate these social safety network programs
– so they can give tax cuts to their 1% buddies

And to the Republicans – that’s okay!

Romney/Ryan – take from the poor – give to the rich.
Romany/Ryan – the “Go f*ck Yourself” ticket for the lower and middle classes.

And to the Republicans – that’s okay!

Death by Republican
And the sad part is
   my Republican neighbors and friends are part of the killing crew.

Do I hate rich people right now – more than I can even comprehend.
Do I hate Republicans right now – more than I can even comprehend.
Love thy "kill at will" friends & neighbors – I don’t think so!


In 2004 I walked away from the local Democratic headquarters
– after putting in a 14 hour day of GOTV
 – with the person in charge telling me
 – go home we are ahead by 12 percentage points.
And we lost.

And now we have Voter ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment