Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

ACTION ITEM - ALEC Shoot First Laws

If you are like me sitting at home - wishing you were in Charlotte, NC protesting the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)  this weekend - there is something you can do today and tomorrow and Sunday that is an ALEC related protest - that will possibly have a much more profound effect.

Released just this morning -
Please read this - then watch the one minute video - SIGN THE CARD -  and then tweet and facebook the site.  Its good for this to go viral this weekend.


THANKS!!!



In the video, Ms. Fulton asks Americans to join the Second Chance on Shoot First campaign to persuade policymakers to rethink reckless gun laws and prevent future tragedies:

"This will be my first Mother's Day without my son, Trayvon. I know it will be hard, but with my faith, family, and the outpouring of national support, I will get through.

"On Sunday, I'm going to say a prayer for other mothers across America who share this unbearable pain. Just like me, 30,000 mothers lost their children this year to senseless gun violence. Nobody can bring our babies back, but it would bring us some comfort if we can spare other mothers the pain that we will feel on this Mother's Day, and every day for the rest of our lives.

"I'm asking you to join Florida by calling upon the governor of your state to re-examine similar Stand Your Ground laws throughout the nation to keep our families safe. I thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Share the link

Please take the time to add your name  - SIGN THE CARD – just to the right of the video.
This is a reliable site and a good way for you to take action.
Tell your governor to SAY NO to ALEC shoot first laws.



No comments:

Post a Comment