Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

In 2009 Did Your ALEC Legislator go to Iraq?

And the next question is
DID YOU PAY FOR THAT TRIP WITH PRECIOUS TAX DOLLARS?


I have no idea who this is - it was just another one of those pieces of ALEC information that shows up on the web.

During the summit, the ALEC International Task Force members passed resolutions related to international trade policies and practices. One Legislative member reported on his recent trip to Iraq. He went and discussed ALEC concepts of free markets, less government, and individual freedoms with Iraqi leaders
BUT
How much of the governments money - OUR precious tax dollars -  are we spending to support ALEC initiatives?
We have to start asking that question!

TWO HOURS LATER
The more I thought about this the angrier I got.

I should have named this "ALEC Goes to Iraq"
Our young men are over in Iraq risking their lives and what does the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) do?
Sends over an ALEC legislator from the US to IRAQ  - so ALEC can expand their reach around the world.

  • I want to know who went - how many?
  • I want to know who in the State Department approved this trip.
  • I want to know exactly what the ALEC members said their "mission" was?
  • I want to know what implications this had to the war in Iraq?
  • I want this investigated and I want charges drawn against ALEC - there has to be something prosecutable about this.

And yes - I saved the documents that I found this quote on so if they delete them - it won't help.
It's disgusting - f#cking disgusting.
#Alec



No comments:

Post a Comment