Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Demands? - You Already Know Our F#cking Demands!

I hate it when arrogant bastards like the 1%
talk down to the very people who make
their f#cking fantastic lives possible,
and I'm seeing a lot of that lately.

Let there be no mistake - they KNOW why we are in the streets!
Questioning why we are in the streets
is their way of denigrating us!

“0 Bankers Were Arrested After Purposely Crashing Our Economy.
Nearly 1,000 Have Been Arrested for Speaking Up About it.”
Wall Street Protestor

All around the country, workers, students, the unemployed, and the poor are standing up and fighting back with protests, pickets and strikes.

“We are the 99 percent,” the protesters say, “that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1 percent.”

It has become the embodiment of longstanding progressive hopes that Americans who have been hit hard by the economic crisis—those left jobless, in debt, underemployed, foreclosed, or insecure—would finally get mad enough to publicly vent their outrage at the oligarchs who have for too long perverted our democratic politics and created gross inequality in our country
Mark Engler

“What do the protesters want? A solution to the jobs crisis, corporate money out of politics, fairer tax rates, and policies that work for 99% of Americans instead of the 1% at the top.”
Moveon.org

It’s that 99 percent of Americans sense that the fundamental bargain of our economy -- work hard, play by the rules, get ahead -- has been broken, and they want to see it restored.
Ezra Klein

Stop the gross greed of financial and corporate elites, and expel a political class that's so corrupted by the money of those wealthy elites that it has turned its back on the middle class and the poor.
Jim Hightower

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
Wall Street Protest sign

The bailed-out Wall Street megabank JPMorgan Chase gave a tax-deductible $4.6 million donation to the New York City Police Foundation, which has protesters asking: Who is the NYPD paid to protect, the public or the corporations? The 99 percent or the 1 percent?
Amy Goodman

1.       The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Owns 40 Percent Of The Nation’s Wealth
2.       The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Take Home 24 Percent Of National Income:
3.       The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Own Half Of The Country’s Stocks, Bonds, And Mutual Funds:
4.       The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Have Only 5 Percent Of The Nation’s Personal Debt:
5.       The Top 1 Percent Are Taking In More Of The Nation’s Income Than At Any Other Time Since The 1920s

I am a 27 year old with a bachelor degree. I ran out of my student loans while trying to find a job. I am ‘living’ with my mother again to get back on my feet. So far, the best I can do is a part time retail job paying $8 an hour.
Wall Street Protestor

“If asking a millionaire to pay the same tax rate as a plumber makes me a class warrior – a warrior for the working class – I will accept that,” Obama said to a crowd in Denver last month. “I will wear that charge as a badge of honor.”
I am aged, old and frail.  I worked and paid taxes all my adult life.  Now, I have to choose between medicine and food.  It feels like a very slow death. I AM THE 99%
Wall Street Protester

We own cheap cars, live frugally, have a roommate to help, and try hard to keep up.  We no longer have any savings, we had to use it up when we moved back home after I made the decision that I could no longer continue graduate school at the time due to my illness.  We have NO BAILOUTS.  We are unsecured.  We are at risk.
OccupyWallSt.org

I was laid off to be hired back as a contractor so THE COMPANY wouldn’t have to pay health care insurance or payroll taxes.  “It’s only temporary”, they said… more than 2 years ago.  I am the 99percent.
OccupyWallSt.org

Lost my job in 2006. Cancer survivor. Need medical care. Can’t afford health insurance. TOO YOUNG TO RETIRE. Watching my retirement funds and savings shrink.  I AM the 99%
OccupyWallSt.org

I just want to live the American dream, but I’m not exactly sure what that is anymore.
Huge corps buy our reps, control our laws. They take nearly everything and contribute nearly nothing, hiding gains offshore. At this rate, how much America will remain for my grade-school son?
OccupyWallSt.org

Two years ago today, my little brother killed himself.  He had been out of work for eight months, was unjustly denied unemployment, and had nowhere to live.  He took sleeping pills and alcohol and lit a barbecue in an enclosed basement.  The company that lied about his eligibility for unemployment to increase profitability is doing just fine.  He was the 99%. So am I.
OccupyWallSt.org

I am a nurse without health insurance. I am the 99 %
OccupyWallSt.org

My father, 65, still works 40-60 hours a week pouring concrete and driving a cement mixer. His body is failing him, and he’s constantly in excruciating pain. He intends to work at least another 10 years or until his body fails him.  My mother, who also works 40-60 hour weeks, gets paid half as much as the people she supervises. She has 12 years experience in her field.
OccupyWallSt.org

Dorothy Cooper, a 96-year-old Chattanooga resident who says she has voted in every election but one since she became eligible to vote, wanted to ensure she’d have the necessary ID to vote in next year’s elections, when Tennessee’s law goes into effect. But when she went to apply for the ID, she was denied, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reports:

That morning, Cooper slipped a rent receipt, a copy of her lease, her voter registration card and her birth certificate into a Manila envelope. Typewritten on the birth certificate was her maiden name, Dorothy Alexander.

“But I didn’t have my marriage certificate,” Cooper said Tuesday afternoon, and that was the reason the clerk said she was denied a free voter ID at the Cherokee Boulevard Driver Service Center

Wall Street and the Big Banksters got Bailouts and we got shit
Wall Street Protester

My small business was offered a $50,000 loan by the big banks – They only wanted my entire company of $850,00 as collateral.  I’m from Texas – Thank you NYC.
Wall Street Protester

…to make one loud voice and let corporate America know that we’re not going to stand by and continue let banks made record profits and pay zero in taxes. Folks are losing their homes across the country, you know, and the banks and CEOs are giving themselves record bonuses, OK? It’s time to fight back
Wall Street Protester interview

“This is a populist movement based on genuine suffering and fear,” he said. “Anyone who really lives out in working America knows that people are feeling very scared. This movement would probably not have this fuel if not for that reality.”
Progressive former Sen. Russ Feingold

All I want is a roof over my head, food on the table and the dignity of an honest paycheck.  Is that asking too much?  I AM the 99%.
Wall Street Protester

In 2009 I was laid off by a company that went belly up – due to the Tom Peters scandal – I found a job for much less pay.  I have had no raise in three years – Wall Street has crashed my retirement fund – Wall Street speculators have artificially inflated gas and food prices – EVERY single one my expenses have gone up, so corporations can maintain their obscene profits – my take home pay is way less than it was three years ago.  I have worked for 44 years and Social Security and Medicare are now in danger – my retirement is in danger.  I want to retire and have a younger person take my job – but I can’t afford it.
That’s my story - becauseican
I AM the 99%

Corporate Profits After Tax - St Louis Federal Reserve

Workers Share of National Income - Talking Points Memo




And TODAY this is what new unemployment claims looks like 
               - 401,000 initial claims for unemployment.
CLAIMS - this is not a count of  those who are unemployment or underemployed right now
this is the NEW CLAIMS for unemployment this week.


From a report released yesterday by The Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) - on the upcoming repatriation tax vote (my bolding)
U.S. taxpayers provided a huge subsidy to corporations that destroyed jobs. Following a tax holiday on repatriated foreign earnings in 2004, 58 corporations that benefitted from the holiday slashed a total of nearly 600,000 jobs. These 58 giant corporations accounted for nearly 70 percent of the total repatriated funds and collectively saved an estimated $64 billion from what they otherwise would have owed in taxes.


“0 Bankers Were Arrested After Purposely Crashing Our Economy.
Nearly 1,000 Have Been Arrested for Speaking Up About it.”
Wall Street Protestor

#OccupyMN - Friday - October 7 -
Government Plaza - More Info HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment