Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Michigan ALEC Members Ashamed of Their ALEC Affiliation

Most people couldn't even imagine what I do to get my member  lists for the American Legislative Exchange Council ( ALEC).

For instance -
Today I went through the Michigan Blue Book for the years 2005-2006 and reviewed the biographies of  110 representatives and 38 senators.

Of all those biographies that I read only one person  acknowledged that they were an ALEC Member
David Palsrok

All the other known Michigan ALEC Members didn't acknowledge their ALEC membership.
They didn't acknowledge belonging to an organization that puts pre-written legislation that favors the corporations, in their biography.

Michigan ALEC members are ashamed to admit they belong to ALEC.
I would be ashamed also.

I wouldn't want to admit that I belonged to an organization that is destroying the very fabric of representative democracy in the United States.

Good on you - Michigan ALEC Members -  for being ashamed of your ALEC affiliation.
You should be ashamed.

Michigan ALEC members do include other things in their biographies -
Tonya Schuitmaker belongs to the Paw Paw Optimist Club
   I wonder how her ALEC membership contributes to her optimism?

And my favorites are these two
Fulton Sheen belongs to a "christian issues and action group".
Jerry Koimann is a deacon and Sunday school school teacher.
  I wonder if they ever wake up screaming in the middle of the night
  when they dream they are being propelled into hell
  with their ALEC member card burning in their hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment